The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance with a Sexual Assault investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Wednesday, January 21, 2015, at approximately 3 p.m., a 19-year-old woman was walking in the Lakeshore Boulevard West and Islington Avenue area
- she was approached from behind by a man
- the man grabbed her by the arm and took her to a secluded area
- the man displayed a knife and sexually assaulted the woman
- the man fled the area when a female passer-by interrupted the assault
The man is described as having an olive complexion, 5'9"-5'10". with a stocky chubby build. He was last seen wearing dark-blue hooded sweatshirt and dark-blue jeans.
Investigators are appealing to the woman who interrupted the incident to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS(8477), online at www.222tips.com
, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable David Windsor, Sex Crimes